Thursday 25 June 2015

On the side


I can make a meal out of sides. In fact if the truth is known, I'd rather have a load of sides than the actual meal itself. I don't even really want the steak - I just have it so I can legitimately have the sides as well. Last night we went to the Forge in Miami and the list of sides was actually longer than the mains and they weren't your average sides either. There was a lot of debate about what we would have but in the end we went for caramelised brussel sprouts, sweet potato gratin with ginger crumble and baked beans with bacon hock - Nigel insisted on that because he can't go past beans in any form. When we first started living together, one of his 'meals' was cold baked beans eaten straight from the can, standing up in the kitchen. Yes exactly, Nigella by name but not by nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment