Sunday 21 June 2015

Don't trip



Can I just say that I frisking hate 'trip advisor' - it's just a load of clowns with nothing better to do than ruin other people's businesses. Nigel had booked Soniat House under the auspices of it being one of the top classic boutique hotels in New Orleans. But you never really know until you get there what you're going to get under the title 'boutique'. Killing time at Dallas airport (this was just after I had bought and devoured the "I am Caitlin" Vanity Fair issue), I googled Soniat House and found myself on trip advisor. By the time I'd finished reading the reviews, we were ready to cancel the booking pronto. If Nigel hadn't already shelled out the deposit, we might have done as well but as it was, we'd already paid a nights accommodation so we'd have to just put up with it. We arrived very, very late and to an astonishingly beautiful place - we were completely confounded by the reviews. Not only did we have our own terrace and scalloped sheets but there was Molten Brown in the bathrooms as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment