Saturday 27 June 2015

Bang Bang




The American's are obsessed with fireworks. Every town you drive though has got a virtual firework department store that sell aisle after aisle of every kind of explosive you can think of. Papa Joe's also had 2 life size elephants outside to make sure you didn't miss those dang rockets as well. When I was small I was seriously terrified of fireworks and it was all because of Blue Peter. Blue Peter - my bestest show ever on TV but in the countdown to Guy Fawkes - at least 3 shows worth. They showed kids that had been seriously ruined mucking about with fireworks. Missing fingers and toes - lumps of skin from arms and legs and the absolute worst - missing frisking - eyes. My uncle George who like all boys, loved fireworks, would put on a show in the backyard for my grandma and me but I would only ever watch from the window. Nothing on earth could induce me to go outside - not even a toffee apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment