Thursday 2 July 2015

Breakfast At Balthazar



If Holly Golightly felt nothing bad could ever happen at Tiffany - I feel the same about Bathazar. My pulse slows down the minute I enter and as soon as my breakfast quiche arrives, all is right with the world. Balthazar opens 22 hours a day, from 7am right through until about 5 and I love waking up in the middle of the night and thinking that should I fancy it - I could pop down and have a plate of steak frites - of which they sell 200 plates a day. There are 2 prep cooks just to get the spuds ready for frying and they peel em at a rate of 6.4 seconds a go. The fella that does them has been there for 14 years and him and his mate peel and chip 600 pounds of potatoes a day - isn't that s'mashing. For more useless but interesting facts on Balthazar - go to The New York Times - 22 hours in Balthazar.

No comments:

Post a Comment